In the Shadow of the Devil

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Steps, baby.

I've been in a fit of organization lately. First victim was the junk drawer, which might show up in a later post. Second are the kitchen cabinets. I'm most proud of the baking cabinet, which went from crammed-to-the-gills to this:
IMGP0049a.JPG
Check that, baby - that's extra space up there! Love it.

You can also see, just to the side, the texture-and-painting that's been in progress for oh...about...a year. Reason was, I wanted an orange kitchen, just not the ORANGE that it ended up being when applied. After spending a great deal of time moping about this, I tried lightening up the paint with a little eggshell, and arrived at this:
IMGP0048a.JPG
That's the too-bright mandarin orange on the left, and the just-right on the upper right. My fishing sensei has dubbed the perfect color to be "salmon roe." I'm happy with that.
(also to note: nuns-of-the-month calendar: nuns on a rollercoaster, nuns playing golf, nuns on waterski, and this month, nuns who ROCK)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home